If You’re on Team Pinot Noir…

I’m excited to share this post as we have found such a treasure trove of wines we love.

These are our go-to favorites that are all so delicious. When it comes to taste notes and kindred keywords–– I love light, fruit-forward, bright, jammy, and velvety pinots. Here are a handful that we swear by…


Cuvaison 2017 Estate Pinot Noir

We recently joined Cuvaison’s wine club and couldn’t love their wines more. They are all honestly so good, but you know Pinot is the way to my heart, and theirs had me hook line and sinker at first sip. By the way, if you have yet to visit Cuvaison, you must! It is the most lovely experience. { $42 }

Tasting Notes: “Rose petals, hawthorn, wild strawberry, and plum mingle with hints of cola, black tea, and licorice. On the palate, dark fruits of blackberry and black cherry take the lead, with lovely jam notes, a notion of sassafras and a long, supple, velvety finish.


Scribe Winery 2017 Carneros Pinot Noir

We have been members at Scribe for 5 or so years now and they make me so happy. Their pinot noirs, in particular, are something special and exactly what I look for––our wine club shipments don’t last long over here… { $42 }

Tasting Notes: “Currant, black tea, rhubarb, Kola, Cherry pit.”


The Wonderland Project ‘Two Kings’ 2018 Pinot Noir, Carneros

The Wonderland Project was founded by Matt Ahern, who has also been with Scribe for many years. He just released their new 2018 vintage and it’s SO delicious. Their 2017 vintage is amazing, too, but I love how the new release is even brighter. I buy this one on repeat from Epicurean Trader… the most beautiful label, too! { $30 }

Tasting Notes: “Bright and approachable Pinot Noir made with flavors of crushed strawberries, black cherry, and sweet smoke. 60% of the fruit for this wine came from the Kiser-Sangiacomo vineyard, while the remaining 40% came from the Sandman vineyard (farmed by Scribe).”


Field Recordings ‘Wonderwall’ 2018 Pinot Noir, Edna Valley

I discovered Wonderwall Pinot while at Union Larder last year and wrote it down in my iPhone notes. I ended up spotting it recently at Epicurean Trader and was so excited. This is a great one to pick up for ladies night or to open while you cook. Such a great price point for a delicious wine. { $22 }

Tasting Notes: “A fresh nose of raspberry, strawberry, and cherry leads into a bright and zesty palate, aromatic and elegant, with subtle oak notes. It has refreshing acidity and a refined structure yet displays exuberance and flair on the long finish.”


Siduri 2017 Pinot Noir, Russian River

Gotta throw one in there from Russian River (I was once told when looking for new Pinots to look for Sonoma Coast, Santa Rita Hills, Russian River and this always works out well for me). Our friends introduced us to Siduri and it has become a favorite. We pick it up from Plumpjack quite frequently { $35 }

Tasting Notes: “Lush and packed with vibrant cherry, raspberry and red plum flavors that feature toothsome forest floor notes. Engaging minerality and rich spiciness show on the finish.”


Banshee ‘Marine Layer’ 2016 Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast

Another Plumpjack pickup! We have been fans of Banshee for years and always visit their tasting room in Healdsburg when we’re in the area. Quality Pinot always and great price point too! { $24 }

Tasting Notes: “The wines are energetic, full of verve and well-etched with precise and vivid flavors. Freshly cut rose petals greet the nose, followed up by vivid, concentrated raspberries. In the mouth, a light-medium weighted body shows a purée of wild red berries, plum, and mint leading into a long, lip-smacking finish.”


Halcon Vineyards Oppenlander Vineyard 2017 Pinot Noir, Mendocino

I ordered Halcon while we were at State Bird last weekend and I fell in love. It was so smooth, light, and delicious! I have been trying to track it down to buy some… stay tuned on this. 🙂 { $30 }

Tasting Notes: “Warm, ripe red fruits which are especially well-integrated into the earthy, smoky texture. An added spiciness comes from the oak, giving extra structure to the concentrated palate.”


Every single Pinot Noir by Papapietro Perry

Last but absolutely not least! Our wine club Papapietro Perry make some of the best Pinots we’ve tasted. I honestly cannot pick a favorite as they are all glorious. We only sip on these when our wine club shipments come or if we’re in Healdsburg. I highly recommend you try if you’re a lover of Pinots… trust me.



Share this story