1. Gingham Oven Mit — March has been a longtime favorite design shop in SF, they have the most exquisite selection. We have been collecting pieces from them for years (one of the spots we wedding registered!) and so I always love to look to them for fun new ideas or to add on to our splatterware collection. Their kitchen linens though are always top notch—not usually the most exciting gift to open, but trust me, these are!
2. Jo Malone London ‘Pomegranate Noir’ Candle — I think this is included every single year on my gift guides. A Harper family favorite (our wedding scent!). It is so delicious and universally loved and would make for an excellent host gift!
3. St. Helena Olive Oil — you know my love of their products at this stage, such a lovely yet practical gift. I am also *obsessed• with their Balsamic Vinaigrette… best I’ve ever had. Great way to support your favorite small businesses, too! One other quick idea is a favorite wine. I’ll always bring a bottle of Scribe, Cuvaison, or Papapietro Perry to share with friends who host us!
4. Hudson | Grace Reclaimed Cutting Board — their cheese boards can’t be beat…
5. Aesop ‘Resurrection’ Hand Wash — this is something that always pops to mind when gifting for a house warming or a token of appreciation for someone hosting me. It’s the epitome of a little luxury…
6. St. Frank Baby Alpaca Throw — we have a few of these in our home and they are so gorgeous. Would make for a very nice gift!
7. Fferrone ‘Dearborne’ Collection — we collect this glassware, it’s always on my personal list. They have lots of styles (vases and fun wine glasses, too!) so thought to include. My suggestion, if you like this direction, is to ask the giftee what they collect. Always a treat to add on to pieces you treasure.
8. Amanda Lindroth Wavy Wicker Basket — such a fun and unexpected gift that can be used in so many ways (they have a few sizes); trash bin, planter, baby hamper. Actually love the idea (if we are talking going over the top!) to use this as the gift basket and fill it with a few fun things — kitchen linens, wine, etc. So fun!
9. Tortoise Serving Spoons — fun servingware always comes to mind, too, when ideating great host gifts. Love these!
10. Bennington Potters Splatter Pitcher — another collection of ours… this pitcher is such a beauty.
These are some things that I think make such thoughtful, yet practical, gifts…